Review: Ergoflex Memory Foam Mattress
As Arianna Huffington says, “by renewing our relationship with sleep can we take back control of our lives”. So renewing my relationship with sleep was what I did…
A year or so ago, after having learnt how truly critical sleep is to our short and long term wellbeing, I was pretty keen to improve the quality of my zzz’s. Amongst testing and implementing several sleep hacks, I’d been learning about the benefits of memory foam and how different mattress technologies impact sleep. So when the opportunity came to get my own Ergoflex memory foam mattress, I was all hands up in the air saying “yes please”!
Now it’s 12 months on, and I’m write this review. These aren’t just in-the-moment or passing thoughts, so I hope you find it helpful.
The initial ordering and delivery experience was seamless. I received the mattress within one or two days and the communication updates were helpful and friendly. I also live up some pretty tricky stairs so when the delivery guy kindly brought the mattress up those, that was like icing on the cake.
I have to admit, it was strange and funny to receive my mattress in a box!
Next it was time to put the foam mattress to test and find out whether they’re actually any good!
My partner was a convert and advocate from the first night. When we woke, he said his back didn’t hurt the way it normally does when he wakes, how supported his body felt through the night and how rested he was.
I on the other hand found the first few weeks to be a real adjustment. I think I was in such a habit of rolling from side to side (which I actually used to do because my hips would get sore during the night). This was pretty difficult to do on the memory foam because it’s less ‘bouncy’. After about two weeks I was no longer bouncing around in the night, and by about a month, I had joined my partner as a convert and advocate.
Here’s how my memory foam mattress improved not only my sleep quality, but my overall wellbeing.
- I move around less, allowing for a more sound, deeper sleep
- I’ve stopped being woken by the movements of my partner (as he stopped moving)
- I’m a comfortable temperature
- I’ve stopped waking with a sore back and hips (I sleep on my back and sides no problem)
- I feel like I’m being supported in a way that was ‘just right’ for me
- No hassle of flipping/rotating the mattress each month
- No more “stop moving around” and “stay still” bickering with my partner in the night
- My partner and I wake up well rested, with more energy and feeling happier – This is the best one of all. And now a new level of ‘restedness’, energy and happiness is just the norm.
12 months on, and I honestly think memory foam mattresses are a great health hack everyone should know about. And I actually wish we got the Ergoflex memory foam pillows when we ordered the mattress!
If you’re thinking about making the switch, do it.
Do your own research, explore the pro’s and cons of spring vs foam and different brands etc. So many people scrunched their nose when I told them we were getting a memory foam mattress. Ultimately, you need to make a choice that’s right for you.
Having happily used it for 12 months, I’d say don’t knock it until you’ve:
- Done your research (the benefits are vast!), and
- Tried it for yourself – people have different needs, preferences and opinions and personal experience beats what other people say. Ergoflex have a 30-day trial period so you’ve really got nothing to lose.
Having read so many memory foam reviews, forum threads and comparisons online myself, I’m so interested in hearing your experiences and how your mattress has impacted your sleep and overall wellbeing. So many people come here every month seeking information and inspiration. So share your story. Have you tried a foam mattress vs a spring mattress? Or have you tried several foam mattresses? Eg Ergoflex vs Tempur? Please share your thoughts below, and thank you in advance.
P.S. Do you know someone who might find this Ergoflex mattress review helpful? Share it with them now. They’ll thank you later.
P.P.S. FAQs I’ve answered in the last year that may be of assistance to you:
- Where to buy an Ergoflex memory foam mattress: Visit the Ergoflex website and head to the ‘shop’ section. You can select mattresses, pillows or mattress protectors and go from there.
- Do Ergoflex mattresses come with a guarantee? Yes, they come with a 10-year manufacturers warranty, which covers any material or workmanship defect arising in that period.
- How many years does a memory foam mattress last? Most people say 8 – 10 years.
- How does a memory foam mattress work? And what is a memory foam mattress made of? This guide answers that plus more.
This article is brought to you by CASA DE KARMA in collaboration with Ergoflex.