Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
This raw vegan pumpkin cheesecake recipe has been shared with us by Dietitian & Nutritionist, Rebecca Gawthorne (otherwise known as @nourish_naturally). Rebecca scored a spot on our list of Top 50 Instagram accounts to follow for healthy food inspiration a while back!).
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
- 1 1/2 butternut pumpkins
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup dates, pitted & chopped
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, ground
- 1.5 cup raw walnuts, ground
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients in blender until combined forming a sticky “dough”.
- In a 12inch tart pan, pour crust mixture into the bottom and spread evenly, firmly pressing around the sides of the tart pan until a thick bottom layer has been created.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours & while you are waiting for the crust to harden, start making the filling.
- Chop, steam & mash pumpkin. Allow to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in blender starting with the cashews, then add remaining ingredients.
- Set mixture aside in fridge.
- Once crust is chilled, pour filling into the pan & spread evenly.
- Freeze cheesecake for 2 hours & thaw at room temp for 30 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
- Serve on it’s own or sprinkled with some pepitas, or coconut & pomegranate, or pecans placed around the edges for effect. Optional to serve with some delicious whipped coconut cream or cashew nut cream!
- Make mini vegan pumpkin cheesecakes by using ramekins or a muffin tin to make individual cakes.
P.S. Do you know someone who might like this recipe? Be an awesome friend and share it with them now.