Raw Apple Pie with Goji Berries and Nutmeg
This healthy apple pie recipe is perfect for any time of the day, and it won’t leave you feeling heavy or sluggish. So go on, enjoy!
- 3 sweet apples finely sliced (I use a mandolin but you can finely slice with a knife)
- 1 cup of soft dates
- 1 orange roughly chopped
- ½ a large ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of goji berries
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 100g coconut yogurt
Tip: Pop all of these ingredients in a blender for a delicious apple pie smoothie!
- Place the finely sliced apples in a large bowl and set aside.
- In your blender, place the dates, orange, avocado and lemon juice and blend until to get a smooth creamy mixture, you may need to add some water to get it blending but it should be quite thick.
- Stir this mixture through the apples and add all the other remaining ingredients.
- You can place this in a large serving bowl or in individual serving sizes.
- Top with extra goji berries, coconut, almond flakes and raisons.
- Serve with coconut yogurt on the side / top (optional).
Do you have your own raw vegan apple pie recipe with fresh apples? Share your recipes below!
P.S. Know someone with a soft spot for apple pies? Share this fully raw apple pie recipe with them now. Their health will thank you for it!