Nutrient-Packed Lentil and Nut Loaf Recipe
If you’re after a healthy nut roast recipe, then this nut and lentil loaf is the one for you. It’s sure to give you a great mid-week boost of nutrition. Packed with almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts, lentils and vegetables, it’s bursting with plant-based protein, minerals, fibre and good fats.
On warmer days, this simple lentil and nut loaf is delicious served with a fresh salad and a dollop of dijon mustard. If the weather is cooler, enjoy it with a side of roasted vegetables such as pumpkin, beetroot and sweet potato.
INGREDIENTS (serves 6):
- 1 cup almonds
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup brazil nuts
- 1 can lentils (washed, rinsed and drained)
- 2 red tomatoes diced
- 2 mushrooms sliced
- 2 small zucchinis (diced)
- 1 stalk of celery (finely diced)
- 1 clove of glarlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon of powdered egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of porcini salt (or Himalayan salt)
- Place all nuts in a blender and blend to a gritty but fine texture.
- Add the tomato, half of the diced zucchini, mushroom, garlic, porcini salt and lentils and blend again until no large pieces of zucchini or mushroom are visible.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl and stir in the finely chopped celery, remaining zucchini, herbs and nutritional yeast.
- Transfer the mix to a greased oven dish, or an oven dish lined with baking paper and form the mix into a log shape, then cook for 40-50 minutes at 180 degrees celsius or until the top has browned.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
- Use 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed or 1 egg instead of egg replacement if that better suits your diet
- This recipe tastes great served as leftovers the next day!
Have you every tried a vegetarian or vegan nut roast recipe? If you’re a fan, share what you love about them and any cooking tips you have in the comment section below – we can’t wait to hear from you!
P.S Do you know someone who might like to try this simple yet nutrient-packed lentil and nut roast recipe? Share it with them now via one of the big share buttons below.