Mood Boosting Broccoli Salad
This mood boosting broccoli salad is the perfect healthy side dish to uplift your mood and nourish your body.
This salad partners well with salmon or chicken to create a delicious meal for the busy week ahead, and comes with the following nutritional benefits:
- Low fat
- Gluten free
- Excellent source of dietary fiber, folate, B12 and vitamin C
- Overall abundance nutritional compounds to boost mood and energy levels
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
INGREDIENTS (serves 4):
For the salad
- 4 cups broccoli
- 2 cups mixed leafy green salad
- 1 can organic cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- Drizzle of organic sweet balsamic reduction
- Light spray of 100% Olive Oil
Broccoli salad dressing
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Greek natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
Time required: Prep: 10mins. Cook: 20mins.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees and line a small tray with baking paper
- Thoroughly rinse cannellini beans and evenly spread out onto the baking tray
- Sprinkle the seeds over and then drizzle with the sweet balsamic reduction
- Lightly spray with olive oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, gently stir through at half time
- Remove the stem and separate the broccoli into little florets. Steam for 3 minutes and allow to cool in a strainer
- For the dressing, simply crush the garlic and mix it together with the mustard, vinegar and yoghurt
- Toss all salad ingredients together in your favourite salad bowl, and serve with the dressing in a little dish on the side.
I am a strong advocate in creating recipes to promote happiness and satisfy those grumbling bellies. What recipes make you feel happy and healthy? Share your favourites via the comments below.
P.S. Know someone who might enjoy this healthy broccoli salad? Share the recipe with them via one of the big buttons below!