Healthy Coconut & Oat Cookies
If you’ve been finding yourself heading to the biscuit jar at 3pm as of late, you may want to consider making these healthy coconut cookies on standby for your afternoon treat instead… Enjoy!
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
- 1 cup Organic Oats
- ½ cup Gluten Free Flour
- ½ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut
- 125g Organic Butter
- 4 Tbsp. Agave Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp. Boiling Water
- Preheat oven to 160°c fan-forced and line a large biscuit tray with baking paper, ensuring you place an oven rack in the centre of the oven to cook the biscuits on.
- Melt the butter and agave syrup in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Place oats, coconut, G/F flour in a large bowl and combine with a fork.
- Once the butter has melted, combine baking powder and boiling water in a small bowl then stir into the pot of butter & agave stirring until it froths up.
- Add the wet ingredients from the pot into the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir through until well combined.
- Roll level, firmly packed tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on your tray about 5cm apart. Using your fingers or a fork, slightly flatten the biscuit balls.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes or until biscuits are slightly golden brown but still soft, a longer cooking time will produce crunchier biscuits.
Enjoy these healthy coconut cookies warm with your favourite cup of herbal tea. Bliss!
P.S Who do you know that’d love these Healthy Coconut & Oat Cookies? Share the recipe with them now via one of the big share buttons below.
This article is part of the 2015 ‘Spring Into Wellbeing’ Hub: Check it out for expert health and wellbeing tips, guides and advice from Australia’s leading wellbeing experts – inspiring and empowering you to unlock the path to true wellness this Spring.