Easy Lemon Sorbet
Sorbet is one on my favourite summertime treats. While lemon sorbet cleanses the palate and aids digestion, the humble lemon is also packed with vitamins, minerals and nutrients. It can help to repair the skin, assist to balance the body’s pH levels and act as an appetite suppressant.
All the more reason to give this recipe a go over the weekend or on a hot day! It’s refreshing, hydrating and definitely one for the treat basket – so enjoy in moderation.
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
INGREDIENTS (serves 5)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Simmer the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the sugar has completely dissolved remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Squeeze the lemons and remove the seeds. In a blender combine the lemon juice and lemon zest, adding a small amount of the sugar syrup at a time. Blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Freeze overnight in a covered, flat freezer-safe container. Remove and re-blend. Freeze for 4 hours and re-blend.
- To serve garnish with lemon zest.
P.S. Do you know someone who might want to try this easy lemon sorbet recipe? Share this recipe with them now via one of the big buttons below (or even better, make it for them!).
Do you have question about this recipe? Ask me via the comments below, I’d love to hear from you. Just make sure you select to receive replies to your comment, so my response reaches you. And if you like the sound of this recipe, or give it a go, I’d love to know your thoughts too!