Delicious Raw Vegan Chocolate Bars
This raw vegan chocolate slice makes a decadent snack or can be served as a delicious raw vegan dessert. So go ahead and enjoy this at any time of the day!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 8-10 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond butter (I make my own from raw almonds blended in my Thermomix)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted, more if needed)
For the base:
- Add dry ingredients for the base to food processor and blend until nuts have broken down.
- Add dates and syrup and blend until mixture sticks together.
- Press into a lined pan and place in refrigerator.
For the filling:
- Blend ingredients for filling until smooth and creamy, pour over the base and freeze until set.
- Once frozen chop into bars and make up the chocolate coating.
For the chocolate coating:
- Blend together the ingredients, and have more ready to blend up if needed. I didn’t end up coating all of my bars in chocolate so this is just an estimate!
- Dip each bar into the chocolate until it is coated, place on a lined tray and pop back in the freezer to set.
- Keep in the freezer for as long as they last!
Raw food dessert recipes (and any raw food treats) can be confusing to make. While you do need a bit of time to make these, this recipe actually isn’t difficult to make (honest). Plus it’s so much healthier than the processed alternatives. So have a go at making it now. And don’t forget to let us know how you go via the comment section ;).
Got a question about how to make this raw vegan slice? Sure, just ask via the comment section below.
PS: Do you have a friend who would love this raw vegan chocolate recipe? Spread the love and share it with them now.