Chocolate Cherry Ripe Bark – No Bake and No Added Sugar
Want a healthy cherry ripe slice recipe? Forget the traditional Australian cherry ripe chocolate slice, or coconut cherry slice dessert recipes that you enjoyed as a kid. This cherry ripe bark is better – honest.
This healthy, raw and no bake, cherry ripe bark recipe is scrumptious AND quick and easy to make – truly. More importantly, it has no added sugar, so it won’t leave you feeling guilty or with a sugar slump afterwards. So go on, treat yourself to some today.
Also, if you like the sound of this recipe you’ll love this Plant-Based Recipe eBook, filled with exclusive recipes from qualified health experts. Sign up here to grab your copy – it’s free and exclusive to CDK tribe members.
- 50 g Fresh Cherries
- 100 g Frozen Raspberries
- 25 g Dried Cranberries
- 100 g Cacao Powder
- 50 g Chipped Coconut
- 75 mL Coconut Oil
- Prepare a flat plate with a single sheet of baking paper
- Roughly cut and remove the seed from the cherries
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat and than add the cacao powder. Stir until mixture is smooth and creamy
- Lightly mix through the cherries and frozen raspberries
- Pour the mixture onto the baking paper
- Sprinkle with chipped coconuts
- Press down with the back of a spoon where necessary
- Refrigerate to set, for 1 hour.
- Serves: 12
- Cooking/preparation time: 20 minutes (plus 1 hour refrigeration)
- Optional variations: add a type of nuts (such as almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts or walnuts), and/or seeds (such as pepitas) when sprinkling the coconut flakes over the mix.
- Dried cranberries, goji berries or fresh pomegranate can make for a delicious alternative if you need to accommodate people who don’t like cherries too.
Do you have a cherry ripe recipe that you love? We’d love to know, just share it via the comments below.
P.S. Do you know someone with a little Cherry Ripe addiction? Do them a favour and share this Chocolate Cherry Ripe Bark Recipe recipe for a healthy alternative – they’ll thank you for it, we’re sure!