Butternut Squash & Jalapeño Soup with Lemon & Avocado
This delicious Butternut Squash & Jalapeño Soup with lemon & avocado is: Vegan, gluten-free, low-fat, oil-free and salt-free – but extremely scrumptious, wholesome and nutritious – so try it tonight!
INGREDIENTS (serves 3-5):
- 1 large butternut squash (about 6 cups), diced in ½” cubes
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 leek, halved and sliced
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 celery stalks, sliced small
- 2-3 jalapeños, deseeded, ribs removed and sliced*
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- Healthy Green Salt Substitute and black pepper to taste
- Juice of ½-3/4 medium lemon, to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Sauté the onion, leek and celery in water in a large soup pot until translucent, about 5 mins.
- Add in the garlic and cook for another few minutes, until it is fragrant.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except for the toppings) and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower to a simmer and cover for 30-40 mins or until the squash is fork tender.
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Place into a high speed blender with the lemon juice (in 3 batches) and run until smooth.
- Add in the coriander and pulse until it is mixed through.
- Serve topped with jalapeño, coriander and avocado.
- PREP TIME: 20 mins
- COOK TIME: 50 mins
- Add more or less jalapeño as desired.
Do you have a question about this recipe for Jasmine? Ask away via the comment section below!