Broccoli and Coconut Soup
This ridiculously delicious broccoli soup with coconut milk, is guaranteed to nourish your body and soul.
If you’re after a dairy free broccoli soup then look no further. This is like an ‘easy cream of broccoli soup’ but that’s vegan friendly and gluten-free.
For more plant-based recipes from myself and other holistic health experts, join the CDK tribe and receive your exclusive copy of NOURISHMENT - a Plant-Based Recipe eBook filled with 24 recipes to nourish and fuel your body.
- ½ a brown onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt or herb salt
- 1 inch piece of ginger grated
- 1large head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 large or 2 small zucchinis chopped
- ½ a cup of spinach torn roughly
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of chilli flakes
- ½ a teaspoon of fresh turmeric
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes, coriander and almond flakes to garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and allow to melt.
- Add the onion into the saucepan and cook until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the ginger and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the broccoli and zucchini and then add the turmeric and chilli, making sure the vegetables are coated nicely with the spices.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a gentle boil.
- As soon as it begins to boil, turn the heat down and add the coconut milk.
- Cook just until the coconut milk has warmed. The vegetables should be cooked but still a vibrant green colour, you don’t want to overcook them!
- Add the spinach and lemon juice and allow the spinach to wilt slightly.
- Remove from the heat and blend, either in small batches in a blender or with a hand held immersion blender.
- When the soup is smooth, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls and top with fresh coriander leaves, chilli flakes and slivered almonds.
RELATED: Mood Boosting Broccoli Salad
Viola! The best vegetarian cream of broccoli soup, is now ready for you to enjoy!
If you want something sweet afterwards, join the tribe to receive NOURISHMENT, the free Plant-Based Recipe eBook exclusive to CDK tribe members. Alternatively, these 3 recipes make for a healthy, quick and easy-to-make dessert (and they’re vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and dairy free too).
Check them out! And be sure to serve and/or enjoy them with a cup of herbal or green tea for the perfect way to end the night.
P.S. Who do you know that might love this recipe? Share it with them via one of the big buttons below.