12 Days Of Self-Care Journal Prompts
In the lead up to Christmas I’ve been running around trying to find the perfect presents for my friends and family, trying to think of great gift ideas, trying to stick to a budget, and trying to not get too caught up in the crowds – it can get so stressful. Every time I leave the shops, I feel antsy and my heart races a little faster (and not in the good way).
Do you get this feeling too?
Together, as we rush and stress about finding gifts for every special person in our life, lets not forget to gift ourselves something meaningful too. Of course you can spend money on yourself (because who doesn’t like to splurge!) however –
The best gift you can give yourself is completely free.
See also My Favourite Self-Care Tools
I’ve been intentionally treating myself to extra self-care and have been spending more time curled up in bed with my journal.
These simple acts quickly ground me back into my usual energy and help me leave the Christmas-induced stress behind.
Here (below) I’m sharing the journal prompts I’ve been exploring in my own journalling practice, so that you too can feel calmer and happier over the holidays. It really is the perfect gift for yourself.
So brew your favourite cup of tea, put on your pjs, get comfy, and each day for the next 12 days pick one of the following soulful journal prompts, and dive into it with your pen, paper and whole heart:
Tip: set a reminder in your phone each day with a link to this article, so you don’t forget to enjoy this gift you’re giving to yourself. Or, place your journal by your bed so that you can journal upon rising or before resting.
12 self-care journal prompts for the Christmas period:
- If you loved yourself unconditionally, how would you treat yourself? How can you act on that feeling now?
- What are 3 things that you’re currently doing that no longer serve you? How can you stop doing these things?
- What acts of self-care truly make you happy?
- How can you add more love and joy to your day-to-day life?
- What can you do to add more ease and relaxation to your night time routine?
- Make a list of 20 things that make you smile.
- I practice self-care because I want to feel….
- When I think of self-care what lights me up? How can I add more of this into my self-care routine?
- When I’m really busy how can I find 10 minutes of time for myself? What can I do in that time?
- Write yourself a thank you note, thanking yourself for everything you do for your own wellbeing.
- Does your self-care practice feel like a chore or an item on your to-do list? If yes, ask yourself why and how you can change this feeling. If no, explore how you’ve found so much enjoyment in your self-care.
- Look back on a time when you didn’t practice self-care and reflect on how proud you are of all the positive changes you’ve made in your life.
Now it’s your turn – I’d love to hear from you in the comments. Remember so many people visit CASA DE KARMA to be inspired, so please help us support each other and share your own favourite journal prompts; tips for self-care during the holidays; or any aha-moments you experience while delving into these journal prompts.
P.S. Do you know someone who could do with some extra journal inspiration and self-care at Christmas? Forward this to them now, they’ll thank you for it later.
DON’T FORGET: For my advice on how to quieten your inner critic (plus loads more self-care inspiration from other divine goddesses), sign up to receive the (completely FREE) email series in Mastering The Art of Self-Love.